Virtual Luncheon | Cybersecurity – What You Need to Know
As the spread of computer technologies, the Internet, and wireless technologies become integral to our daily functions, our transportation network systems are also becoming more connected and dependent on the advent of these future technologies. While the premise of next generation communications, such as connected vehicles, offers opportunities to realize benefits to make our travel safer, cleaner, and more efficient, the potential of threats to these systems are real and inevitable. Understanding that cyber security has a very important role in the development of these systems to prevent malicious attacks, unauthorized access, damage or others that could compromise the safety of these systems, our presenters will provide the latest developments in combating these threats.
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. Introductions/Overview/Announcements
- 11:40 a.m. – 12:25 p.m. Presentations
- 12:25 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Summary/Closing remarks
Moderator: Nino Genoese, Project Manager, Transportation Systems, Jacobs, ITS California Board
- Transportation Security in the Smart City Future
Sunny Chakravarty, Vice President of Engineering – Econolite
- ITS Network Cybersecurity: Debunking the Myths and Adopting Best Practices
Roger Yue, Business Development Manager / Industrial Networks – Moxa
- Rationalizing the Inevitable: Planning Ahead for Compliance in Transportation Security
Michael Terebessy, President – Alder Systems, Inc.