ph OurMission
 
 
ITS-CA is a not-for-profit, private-public organization – 501(c)(3).
 
Mission Statement
 
ITS California is a public/private partnership formed to foster the development and deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) in California..
 
ITS-CA seeks to educate both the private and public sectors about the merits of advanced transportation systems deployment within the State of California. We serve as a forum for industry-wide networking linking manufacturers, service providers, and users together in industry-driven initiatives for accelerating the deployment and commercialization of advanced transportation systems.
 
Specifically, ITS-CA specializes in facilitating partnership actions that unite technology and commercial product providers and public agencies for creating efficient transportation systems. These partnerships are industry-driven working to establish and maintain California as a world leader in ATS research, development, deployment and commercialization. We hope to add value through these efforts to our targeted constituencies that include transportation agencies, private industry, elected officials, and users, to improve public services and promote opportunities for private investment.
 
 
Formation of ITS-CA (formerly CAATS)
 
ITS-CA established in 1994 through the collaborative efforts of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), Project California and the California Council on Science and Technology, received start-up funds provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Caltrans and private industry. This initial funding was augmented in 1997 when ITS-CA received a 3-year contract from Caltrans to continue its mission. In 2002, Caltrans ended its support of the organization, and since that time, support has come from Membership fees, Sponsorships and our Annual Meeting and Exhibition.
 
In 2014 ITS-CA membership set a new record with over 102 public agency, private sector, academic, and individual members. Approximately 20% of membership revenue was generated through public sector support and the remaining 80% came from the private sector. Eighty percent of membership is at an agency or corporation level representing thousands of individuals. Membership has grown substantially in the last 4 years with average annual increases of over 10% per year.
 
 

Stay Connected

fbook-60   twitter-60   lkdin-60
         

Contact Us

P.O. Box 862100
Los Angeles, CA 90086
(415) 723-0511